How can I tell where my pool is leaking?
Common Signs Of A Leaking Pool
- You notice standing water near the pool or equipment pad.
- The pool or spa is losing more than 1/4″ of water per day.
- Abnormal water consumption.
- Extraordinary algae growth or discoloration of the water.
- Fluctuating chemical consumption.
- Loose or failing tiles, or cracking of the cement pool deck.
Why is my inground pool losing water?
A residential pool without a pool cover will lose about 1/4 inch of water level per day or about 2 inches per week solely due to evaporation. Another cause of normal water loss is frequent filter backwashing, in which waste water from the pool is diverted down the drain into the sewer.
How do I find a leak in my pool pump?
How To: Identify and Correct Air Leaks –
How much does it cost to fix a pool leak?
Larger pools will probably require a professional service. The estimates on fixing a leak start at $100 and move upwards. The national average cost of pool repairs is approximately $560 based on recent figures from about 2,000 homeowners.