How do I find a babysitter in my area?
10 Ways to Find a Babysitter in Your Area
- Use referrals. Start by asking friends and family if they have someone they trust and feel good about.
- Contact local colleges.
- Consider community organizations.
- Look to friends.
- Look on the Internet.
- Ask around church.
- View the want-ads.
- Talk to daycare teachers.
How do I find a trustworthy babysitter?
Where to Find a Babysitter
- Ask Your Friends for Referrals. Word-of-mouth referrals are often best.
- Advertise in a College Paper.
- Search at a Local Nonprofit Agency.
- Try an Online Service.
- Have a Brief Phone Interview.
- Meet With Her in Person.
- Let Her Spend Time With the Kids in Your Presence.
- Ask for and Call References.
How do I find a last minute babysitter?
4 Babysitter Apps That Can Help You Find a Last-Minute Sitter
- Care.com. Photo: Care.com. Care.com. Serves: All 50 states, as well as 20 countries, including the U.K., Canada and parts of Western Europe (for a night out on a family vacation)
- Chime by SitterCity. Chime logo. Chime by SitterCity.
- UrbanSitter. Photo: UrbanSitter. UrbanSitter.
- Helpr. Photo: Helpr. Helpr.
How do you pick a babysitter?
Choosing a Babysitter
- Ask friends and neighbors for recommendations.
- Check with local high schools, colleges, nursing schools, and senior citizen centers.
- Read the bulletin boards (or place a posting yourself) at places where parents tend to congregate, such as churches, supermarkets, or the YMCA.