How do I find a good dog breeder?
You can also find out if a breeder is in good standing with the AKC by contacting AKC Customer Service at 919-233-9767 or [email protected]
Don’t rely on the phone.
Go in person.
The best way to get to know a breeder is to meet in person, which might be at their kennel or in their home.
How can I find a dog breeder near me?
16 Tips to Find Local Dog Breeders (and how to pick the right one)
- Ask Your Veterinarian.
- Ask Another Dog Owner.
- Contact Local Dog Clubs.
- Visit Local Dog Shows.
- Check Out American Kennel Club.
- Look at Pup Quest Website.
- Search Online for Referrals.
- Keep a List of Questions.
Where can I find puppies for sale?
10 Puppy Finding Services To Find Your Next Best Friend
- PuppyFind.com (International)
- Adopt-a-Pet.com (United States)
- American Kennel Club (AKC) (United States)
- NextDayPets (International)
- Petfinder (United States & Canada)
- eBay Classifieds – Dogs & Puppies (United States)
- ASPCA (United States)
- RescueMe.Org (International)
What questions do you ask a dog breeder?
Here is a list of questions to consider asking the breeder:
- Are the puppies’ parents “certified”?
- What are the sizes of the puppy’s parents?
- Ask to meet the dogs parents.
- How have they socialized the pups?
- What vaccines has the puppy had?
- Have the puppies been dewormed?
- Have any of the puppies in the litter been sick?