How do you calculate a median?
How to Calculate the Median
- Arrange your numbers in numerical order.
- Count how many numbers you have.
- If you have an odd number, divide by 2 and round up to get the position of the median number.
- If you have an even number, divide by 2.
What is the easiest way to find the median?
To find the median, put all numbers into ascending order and work into the middle by crossing off numbers at each end. If there are a lot of items of data, add 1 to the number of items of data and then divide by 2 to find which item of data will be the median.
How do you find median if there’s two numbers?
If there is an even number of numbers locate the two middle numbers so that there is an equal number of values to the left and to the right of these two numbers. Step 3: If there is an odd number of numbers, this middle number is the median. If there is an even number of numbers add the two middles and divide by 2.
How do you find the median of 6 numbers?
To find the median of a group of numbers:
- Arrange the numbers in order by size.
- If there is an odd number of terms, the median is the center term.
- If there is an even number of terms, add the two middle terms and divide by 2.