How can I check if someone has died?
- Check Online Obituaries. The first way to see if someone has passed away is by searching for online obituary.
- Search Social Media.
- Use a Genealogy or Historical Site.
- Look for Government Records.
- Search Newspapers.
- Visit the Local Courthouse.
- Talk to Family Members.
- Go to an Archive Facility.
How do you find out if someone died for free?
How Do I Find Out for Free If Someone Is Dead?
- Visit the web page for the Social Security Death Index (SSDI).
- Enter the information about the person you’re searching for in the SSDI search box. Don’t uset the other search boxes that appear on the same page. Search using the person’s Social Security number, if available, as that is the most precise search possible.
Do you have to say if someone died in a house?
In most cases, if someone has passed away peacefully in a house, “there’s no legal obligation in most states requiring that [sellers] disclose it,” says Jason Wells, attorney and realtor and partner of Wells Law Group in Phoenix, AZ.
Can I find out if someone died in my house UK?
The site Diedinhouse.com allows residents to enter their home address and discover whether someone died inside and under what circumstances. If they are dead – if records are available – it will give details on how and when they died. Reports cost around £7 ($12) a time but are cheaper if more searches are performed.