How do I find the serial number on my HP laptop?
- Use a key press combination to open a System Information window: Laptops: Using the built-in keyboard, press Fn + Esc.
- Find the serial number in the window that opens.
- In Windows, search for and open Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt window, type wmic bios get serialnumber, and then press Enter.
Where is the serial number on my HP laptop Windows 10?
Typically the serial number is printed on a label adhered to the underside of the laptop. Another option is: In Windows, press the fn + esc keys on the notebook’s keyboard to open the HP System Information window. A Support Information window appears showing a product name and a product number.
How do I find out what my laptop model is?
How to find your Computer Model Number in Windows 8
- Open a Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and tapping the letter X at the same time. Then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the command: WMIC CSPRODUCT GET NAME, then press enter.
- Your computer’s model number will then appear below.
How do I look up an item by serial number?
Your Serial Number should be on your item directly beneath the battery.
Some basic tips:
- The serial number is a string of numbers and letters typically following the “S/N” notation.
- You can often find it on the back or bottom of your item, below the barcode, or beneath the battery.
How do I look up a serial number?
Visit the manufacturer’s website and see if there is a way to do an S/N number check on the website and see what information is available. If you don’t see that information online, give the company a call and see if someone on the tech support or customer service line can look up your product by serial number.
What is serial number of laptop?
Laptop Serial Numbers are normally located on the bottom of the laptop or under the battery compartment.
How do I find my HP Pavilion model number?
5 Answers. If your laptop’s model number are not clearly labeled on the laptop itself, the simplest way to obtain the model number is to press the fn + esc keys on the keyboard. This command should open up the HP System Information window which will list the product number of your laptop.