How do I find out if I am owed money?
Below are government agencies that have databases you can search for unclaimed money.
- Treasury Hunt: Unclaimed U.S. Securities and Payments.
- HUD/FHA Mortgage Insurance Refunds.
- Credit Union Unclaimed Shares.
- National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators. (Individual State Unclaimed Asset Web Sites)
What is the best website to find unclaimed money?
The best place to find unclaimed tax refund money is through the official IRS site. When the IRS fails to provide a refund due to a check being returned or undeliverable, or any other reason, you can use this site to find out. Unclaimed refund money is only available for three years after the original filing date.
How do I find unclaimed money in NY?
Refer to this step-by-step process to find unclaimed funds:
- Visit the Search for Lost Money online service on the New York State Office of the State Comptroller’s website.
- Enter your name or the name of the business or oganization you’re searching for.
- Click Search.
How do I claim money owed to me?
How to claim your unclaimed money
- Step 1: Go to the right website. When it comes to claiming unclaimed money, the process can vary by state.
- Step 2: Get your documents in order.
- Step 3: File a claim.
- Step 4: Wait for your check.
- 7 ways to make the most of your Credit