How do you find out what you are passionate about?
These eight exercises could help you find your true passion in life.
- Ask yourself these three simple questions.
- Don’t presume that your passion should be your job.
- Work out what you hate doing.
- Find the things you are mediocre at.
- Forget the ‘Eureka!’
- Remember what you loved doing as a child.
- Create something brand new.
How do you know what skills you have?
Take these six steps to make an accurate assessment of your career skills.
- Reflect on your job description. Looking for a good starting point?
- Zero in on soft skills.
- Look at your performance reviews.
- Ask other people for feedback.
- Take an online behavior test.
- Check out job postings in your industry.
What are you good at examples?
Examples are record keeping, cooking, cleaning, welding, computer programming, or teaching. People learn job skills at school, on the job, or from life experiences. You may already have some job skills. You may think you don’t have any—but that’s not true.
How do you figure out what you want to do for a career?
HOW TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO: A CAREER CHANGE GUIDE
- Lead with Your Strengths.
- Evaluate Your Past to Avoid a Dead End.
- Talk to People to Learn What Your Dream Job Is.
- Take Classes First, Figure Out What Career You Want Later.
- Consider What Work Environment You Need.