Use find and replace in a document or presentation
- On your computer, open a document or presentation in Google Docs or Google Slides.
- Click Edit.
- Next to “Find,” type the word you want to find.
- To see the next time the word is used, click Next.
- Optional: Narrow your search by using an option below.
How do you replace words in Google Docs?
Open the Find and Replace tool in Google Docs through the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+H (Windows) or Command+Shift+H (macOS), or access Find and Replace via the menu. With the document open, go to Edit > Find and replace. Type the word or phrase to find in the Find field. Enter the new word(s) in the Replace with field.
How do I find my Google Docs?
You can access your Google Docs from any computer, anywhere in the world. To view a list of documents you own or have access to, or to create a document: ● Visit Google Drive at https://drive.google.com. Google Drive is where you’ll find your Google Docs (plus other types of files).
How do you find and replace in Google Docs?
Open the Find and Replace in Google Docs using the keyboard shortcut:
- Ctrl+H on Windows.
- Command+Shift+H on Mac.
- Or you can access Find and Replace from the top menu bar. When the document is opened, go to Edit > Find and replace.