What is the best apartment search site?
- Apartments.com. Look for apartments, condos, townhomes, and even houses to rent on Apartments.com.
- Apartment Finder.
- Apartment Guide.
What is the best way to find an apartment?
Hack Attack: Apartment hunting 101
- HotPads 15.12% (231 votes)
- PadMapper/Craigslist 19.9% (304 votes)
- Apartments.com 11.06% (169 votes)
- MyApartmentMap 26.96% (412 votes)
- Pounding the Pavement 18.19% (278 votes)
- Other 8.77% (134 votes)
How do I find a safe apartment complex?
Finding a Safe Neighborhood
- Trust your intuition. If something feels “off,” it’s worth considering.
- Talk to current residents. Ask specific questions about safety.
- Ask about the security systems in place. Will you be able to park near your new home?
- Look at the lighting.
- Pay attention to overall living conditions.
How do I get a nice apartment for cheap?
9 Tips to Get Cheaper Rent
- Study up on your local market.
- Know the best time to rent an apartment.
- Scope out their competition.
- Ask about deals.
- Be ready to pay more upfront in return for cheaper rent.
- Be flexible with move-in dates and upgrades.
- Have something to offer in return.
What is the best apartment search app?
Get your next home with the best apartment-finder apps
- Zillow Rentals. This user-friendly app has information on more than 400,000 rental properties across the United States.
- Trulia Rentals.
- Realtor.com rentals.
What are the best apartment websites?
The Best Websites To Help You Find The Perfect Apartment
- Padmapper. Padmapper is great for getting an immediate sense of what’s available in your chosen city, and also where those apartments are in relation to each other, to public transit, and possibly to your new office.
What can you do if you can’t afford an apartment?
Can’t Afford Rent? Here’s How to Bounce Back
- Talk to your landlord. Don’t hide your inability to pay rent from your landlord.
- Seek financial help. Various programs are available to help you cover housing expenses if you’re in danger of losing your apartment.
- Cut expenses.
- Get a second job.
- Set up a budget.
- Create an emergency fund.
How can I find an apartment fast?
How to Find an Apartment Quickly
- Set your budget. Calculate your monthly expenses and determine how much rent you can afford.
- Choose a few potential neighborhoods.
- Make a list of desired apartment features.
- Search for apartments.
- Make phone calls.
- Tour apartments.
- Have your paperwork in order.
What do you do when you can’t find an apartment?
Here are some options:
- Ask your landlord for an extension of your lease.
- Call up friends or family to become a short-term roomate.
- Rent month-to-month until you find a place.
- Stay in an Airbnb or hotel.